Five Short Rules for Christians
(Brownlow North, 1810-1875)
1. Never neglect daily private prayer; and when you pray, remember that God is present, and that He hears your prayers.
2. Never neglect daily private Bible reading; and when you read, remember that God is speaking to you, and that you are to believe and act upon all that He says.
3. Never let a day pass without trying to do something for Jesus. Every day reflect on what Jesus has done for you — and then ask yourself, "What am I doing for Him?"
4. If you are in doubt as to a thing being right or wrong — then go to your room and kneel down and ask God's blessing on it. If you cannot do this, then it is wrong.
5. Never take your standard of Christianity from other Christians — or argue that because such and such people do so and so — therefore, you may. You are to ask yourself, "How would Jesus act in my place?" — and strive to follow Him alone.